JATU PLC is a Public Limited Company owned by Tanzanians in the form of purchasing shares. The company engages with multi-level marketing business strategy in different goods and services in a network marketing methodology.
JATU PLC was founded by a group of people with initiative to support and accept the government program on poverty alleviation to Tanzanians. The Company initially started as an economical project under the Legal Protection and Life Improvement Organization (LPLIO) early in March 2016. In October 2016 JATU PLC was registered and become an independent company to engage fully in poverty alleviation and good health for Tanzanians by using agricultural, industrial activities and markets.
The Board of Directors of JATU Public Limited Company, herein the Company, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates from amongst Shareholders and general public to become its Board Members.
The names of qualified candidates will be submitted to the Extra Ordinary General Meeting for election.
The candidate must be a degree holder with exception to an ENTRERPRENEUR or BUSINESSMAN who should have at least form four certificates or above, also a candidate must have five to ten years of experience. The age of an applicant should be 30-65 years and only FIVE candidates will be selected, and will serve in the position of Director for the term not exceeding THREE YEARS, as their security tenure, and lastly, must have any of these requirements;
- A person with Large Commercial Agriculture skills and having experience in the agriculture sector. Understanding of the institutional and political context and exposure to agriculture policies, strategies, institutions, and regulations, also have an experience working with the public sector and bi-lateral and multilateral organizations. A person with Agricultural Engineering skills will be added advantage to him/ her, with the knowledge in the design, construction, operation, management and maintenance of water supply systems including rain water harvesting for agricultural production; designing and constructing simple renewable energy sources; plan, design and manage agricultural mechanisation programmes.
- Professional in Finance and/or Accounting. Understand Accounting Principles and financial statement, experienced in preparing or auditing financial statements of comparable companies, have experience accounting for estimates, accruals, and reserves, understand internal accounting controls; and understand the functions of an audit committee. A person with CPA-HOLDER is an added advantage.
- Information and communications technology (ICT) professionals, A person who can conduct research, plan, design, write, test, provide advice and improve information technology systems, hardware, software and related concepts for specific applications.
- Entrepreneur or businessman, who will be a (GUARANTOR) for the purpose of assisting the managerial activities.We prefer street smarts rather than book smarts, because the one with experience in a business is usually the best teacher and he will have more time and interest in helping new or aspiring entrepreneurs.
- A person with manufacturing Engineering processes, knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators. Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors. Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes, also provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Any JATU Public Limited Company shareholder or any other person wishing to be elected as Board Member should submit an application letter, updated Curriculum Vitae, Certified Copies of Relevant academic and Professional Certificates, awards with 2 recommendation letters from the referee not later than Tuesday 14th day of May 2019 at 1630 hours.
JATU PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY
The Company’s Postal address is P.O.BOX 42155, Dar es Salaam;
Mob:+255 744 599972; +255 658 889 508